See you at the 20th anniversary of the European PhD School in 2019!
Thank to all participants of the 19th edition!
We are already working on the 20th anniversary of the School:
May 20-24, 2019
European PhD School Chair
NEWS: IEEE Power Electronics Society and IEEE Industrial Electronics Society are Technical Sponsors of the European PhD School, 2018 Edition
2018 Edition Program
Date: May 21-25, 2018
Venue: Angevin Castle, Gaeta – Italy
The Scientific Committee is finalizing the 2018 program of the European PhD School. Final program will include:
- poster sessions by PhD’s, scheduled over 2-3 days;
- recruitment session dedicated to all PhD’s
- 2 Awards: PhD Award (for last year PhD’s) and Young PhD Award (for first/second year PhD’s)
- live demos scheduled in the program.
Lecturers (update in progress):
- Emil Levi (Liverpool John Moores University, UK)
- Claus Mueller (Siemens AG Aircraft Drives & Controls)
- Enrico Maria Carlini (Terna Holding)
- Oliver Stalter (Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE)
- Francisco D. Freijedo (Power Electronics Laboratory, EPFL – Switzerland)
- Ilknur Colak (Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen)
- Romano Napolitano (ENEL)
- Sasa Djokic (University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland (UK))
- Reinhold Bayerer (Infineon Technologies)
- Michele Pennese (Mecaprom)
Also in 2018 edition it is mandatory to pass the PhD Final Evaluation Test to achieve ECTS certification. Final test will be scheduled just after the last lecture of May 24th, 2018. Alternatively, a certification of attendance will be issued.
European PhD School Award 2017
All the PhD School Organizing Committee is pleased to announce the winner of the European PhD School Award 2017:
European PhD School 2017 Award Winner:
Luis G. Alves Rodrigues
Affiliation: Grenoble Electrical Engineering Laboratory (G2Elab); and French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA/INES) / Photovoltaic Systems Laboratory (LSPV)
Title of Research Activity: Design and characterization of high-power (S>250kVA) SiC-based current source inverter for photovoltaic applications
Young European PhD School Award 2017
Young European PhD School 2017 Award Winner:
Monica Crosa di Vergagni
Affiliation: Università degli studi di Genova – Italy
Title of Research Activity: Energy management, control and protection of Microgrids
2018 Edition Sponsors
Video of PhD School
The Venue: the Angevine castle sits in the heart of Gaeta. The lower part of the castle was built during the rule of House of Anjou; the upper section was constructed by order of Emperor Charles V. The tall tower rising from the castle is the home of the Royal Chapel. The Montagna Spaccata, or Split Mountain, offers panoramic views and has a church sitting at its base. Its 35 steps take you to the fissure in the mountain, which overlooks the ocean and surrounding countryside.